Finally, these are the operating principals of Pixar as quoted by Catmull:
- constant review
- it must be safe for people to tell the truth
- communication should not mirror the organizational structure
- people and how they function is more important than ideas
- do not let success mask problems, do a deep assessment
- mix up creative and technical people
So it's not the story, the people, the technology, it's the team, but remember:"Once one can articulate an important idea into a concise statement, then one can use the statement and not have to have a fear of changing behavior." (Ed Catmull, pixar).
Maybe I should read the pixar book that's on my reading list for some time now.